Re: [leafnode-list] Groupinfo file possibly truncated or damaged: 0

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:11:45 +0100 (CET), hai scritto:
> >You get this message if the new groupinfo file is significantly shorter
> >than the old one. IIRC your last message to the list, this is indeed
> >the case (i.e. "groupinfo.new" is much shorter than "groupinfo"). You
> >should try to investigate whether groupinfo.new is complete. If this
> >is the case, then issue the following commands as user "news" or "root":
> >
> >cd /var/spool/news/leaf.node
> >mv -f groupinfo.new groupinfo
>
> I have groupinfo and groupinfo.old, but not groupinfo.new.
> They are almost the same size now.

The groupinfo.old is a remnant from your update to 1.9.6 and can be
deleted. It should not be created again except if you invoke lsort
or update.sh which is both not necessary.

What do "df /var/spool/news/leaf.node" and
"df -i /var/spool/news/leaf.node" say?

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */