Re: [leafnode-list] Groupinfo file possibly truncated or damaged: 0

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> I deleted some lines from groupinfo so that it's smaller than the
> groupinfo.new I see in strace.
>
> Now it works, no more errors about disk full, and the newsreader gets
> the articles that leafnode downloads.
>
> However I still don't have any groupinfo.new when nothing is running.

That is fine. fetchnews writes the new groupinfo file in groupinfo.new
and then renames groupinfo.new to groupinfo. The contents of the old
groupinfo are thereby lost.

However, I find it strange that you lose almost 100 kBytes by calling
fetchnews once. I have no explanation for this.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */