Re: [leafnode-list] NNTP server went away

On Die, 11 Jan 2000, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> Alexander Reinwarth wrote:
> > Jan 10 23:40:44 lea fetchnews[1294]: NNTP server went away
> >
> > I first thought, that this is my upstream's fault, but when I do a telnet
> > there the articles 106059-106210 are there and, as far as I can see, intact.

> The logfile indicates that the NNTP server closes the connection already
> during the XHDR stuff, either "XHDR Message-ID" or "XHDR Date".

> I actually tried to reproduce this here. Indeed, when sending
> "xhdr message-id 106059-106210" to news.cis.dfn.de, the server closes
> the connection.

grmpf, I should have thought of that ...

Well, at least it is relieving to know that the error is not on my system ;-)

Sorry for superflous traffic,

Alexander
--
The day Microsoft makes something that does not suck,
is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.