Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode hangs up on me

    Cornelius> Laura Conrad wrote:
    Cornelius> [nntpd of leafnode-1.9.9 segfaults - excerpt of strace]

    >> open("/etc/leafnode/config", O_RDONLY)  = 3
    >> fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1626, ...}) = 0
    >> mmap(0, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x40016000
    >> read(3, "# This is the NNTP server leafno"..., 4096) = 1626
    >> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
    >> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

    Cornelius> It appears that leafnode crashes when reading the
    Cornelius> configuration file.  Possibly there is something fishy
    Cornelius> in there, right after the first line.

It all looks normal to me.

    Cornelius> I am quite surprised, though, that none of your other
    Cornelius> program crashes when doing this. Maybe you have to
    Cornelius> further explore the problem with gdb as explained in my
    Cornelius> last message.

I rebuilt and reinstalled leafnode, because when I tried running gdb
this morning, it complained it couldn't find any debugging symbols.
It still complains it can't find debugging symbols, but leafnode now
works.  So the chances are that some of my file system problems
screwed up something the the install program fixes.

I don't understand why gdb is complaining about the debugging symbols,
because it looks to me like there are -g's everywhere there should be.

Thanks for your help.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574