Re: [leafnode-list] Problems posting articles

Jeff Grossman wrote:

> on 1/12/00 12:10 PM, nik spitzer at nikspitzer@xxxxxx wrote:
>
> > My problem:
> >
> > Using leafnode 1.9.6 there is no problem
> > receiving articles and newsgroups.
> >
> > In offline-mode:
> > But when I am writing a new message or a reply following
> > happens:
> > The file is saved in /var/spool/news/out.going like
> > for example 1518-9447.... and so on.
> > The content of this file seems to be o.k.
> >
> > Then i go online and use the command fetchnews -P or
> > fetchnews -vvvv.
> > On the terminal i can see nothing depending on sending
> > my message - the folder /var/spool/news/out.going
> > gets empty.
> > But my message will not be posted somewhere.
> >
> > What's wrong there ?
>
> I am not sure what is wrong.  But, check your log files, each time you run
> Fetchnews, it should say connecting to <news server> and then the next line
> will say posting 1518-9447...  If that exists, then the message is posted to
> the upstream provider, and it is a problem with the provider.

I cannot see any "posting"-line when i connect to the news-server.

If Fetchnews
> has a problem uploading the message, it will move the message to the
> failed.postings directory.  Do you have anything in that directory?

No, that's crazy.
The postings has left the dir /out.going and cannot be
found in the dir /failed.postings.

p.s.
posting from my win95-partition is no problem, so it seems
the upstream provider is working well

> Jeff
> --
> Jeff Grossman (jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx)
>
> --

hde
Nik Spitzer
http://www.snv.cc
Software is like sex ... it's better when it's free -- L I N U X