Re: [leafnode-list] delaybody configurability

On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 09:48:48AM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> Finally, I'd like to see an option to control the maximum frequency with
> which fetchnews will retrieve articles.  I'm on a flaky PPP link with diald,
> so running fetchnews from cron is unreliable, but if I put it into my ip-up,
> it runs every time I connect to the net; I'd like to be able to put it in
> ip-up, but configure it to only read new articles once a day.

It strikes me that this would be better solved in whatever is running
fetchnews.  A system like that used by Anacron (perhaps anacron itself)
seems ideal.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/