Re: [leafnode-list] Newsgroup list question

Cornelius Krasel wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
>
> > Ok what I would like to do is to edit the news group list.
>
> Why do you want to do this? It does not make any sense whatsoever.

This is something I have been meaning to ask about for a while, but
haven't got around to it...

I am currently using Netscape as my newsreader on my Windows box and
every time I go to the settings for my leafnode newserver Netscape stops
for about 5-10 seconds as it reads in all groups available on the server
and displays them, only for me to instantly switch to searh for
newsgroups.

The reason it is so slow is that my ISPs newserver has a load of bogus
newsgroups as it accepts all newgroup commands (I have no idea why).

To save me this wait, I modify my newsgroup file to remove the bogus
ones and also a few heirachies that don't interest me. I have even
written a little perl script to do this for me. Currently I have to run
this every time fetchmail redownloads the group list.

So my question, at last, is would it be possible to add a 'post group
get' option in the config file which would run the specified command
after the groups were redownloaded? I would imagine that this wouldn't
be to complex. I would even do this myself if I knew C, but alas I don't
:(

Thanks

--
Stuart Clark