Re: [leafnode-list] delaybody configurability

Nick Drage said:
> Wouldn't it be possible to make the execution of a command ( i.e., running
> fetchnews ) dependant on the string "ppp0" being part of the output of
> "ifconfig", that way it'll run if the ppp connection is up, it won't run
> if the connection is down.

That's actually the opposite of what I was looking for - ideally, if
fetchnews fails to run overnight, I want it to run the next time I connect.

I really like the suggestion of using a tmp file with a cron job that
removes it each night - one problem which my original solution had was that,
once it got out of sync, it would stay with morning news collection instead
of doing it overnight.  The tmp file version will automagically resynchronize
itself after a delayed run.

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+