[leafnode-list] fetchnews question

fetchnews has the -P option, which only posts new articles. I'm using it
to reduce answer times.

In the moment I'm using it manually, but I want to automate it as cron
job.

First I noticed, that fetchnews -P always connects to the server. It
doesn't look, if there is something to post. That's no great problem,
because it's easy to fix with a small script.

But second I noticed that fetchnews -P connects also to all supplement
servers. Here I don't understand why. In my case this may be a problem,
because I'm using some supplement servers, that are sometimes very
overloaded and hard to reach (e.g. corel, informix). What are the
reasons for that behaviour? How difficult would it be, to change it?
--

Stefan Bauer