[leafnode-list] problem with news directory getting trashed

I have an intermittent problem over at least a couple of leafnode
versions.  I'm currently running 1.9.9 on Mandrake LINUX 6.0, but I
know I've seen it on earlier versions as well.

Every so often, one of the directories in /var/spool/news (as far as I
remember, always rec/music/early) gets replaced by a zero length
file.  I think I've always had to fix this by removing the file,
although it's possible that it's one of the problems that goes away if
you run texpire.

Is this a known problem?  If not, is there something it would be
useful to do to help debug it the next time it happens?  (Or to look
for in the system logs about this time?)

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574