[leafnode-list] Fetchnews Won't from Cronjob

I'm having a problem with fetchnews running from cron. I can perform the
same command manually, but it never runs from the crontab.

Here are the entries:

05      19      *       *       *       news    /usr/local/sbin/texpire
30      19      *       *       *       news    /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews

Texpire works like a charm and generates mail daily. Fetchnews never
happens.

[kcsmart@alan kcsmart] whereis fetchnews
fetchnews: /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews

[kcsmart@alan kcsmart] ls -l /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews
-rwxr-x---    1  news   news     87328 Jan 5 05:17 /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews

Now, I can run it manually with or without the path and it runs fine. It
never even starts via cron.

This is with leafnode 1.9.9, though it has happened for several versions
and I just haven't bothered to dig into it.

What have I messed up?

--
Weird enough for government work.