Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews Won't from Cronjob

On 28-Jan-00 Cornelius Krasel opined:
> Uncle Meat wrote:
>
>> I'm having a problem with fetchnews running from cron. I can perform the
>> same command manually, but it never runs from the crontab.
>>
>> Here are the entries:
>>
>> 05      19      *       *       *       news    /usr/local/sbin/texpire
>> 30      19      *       *       *       news
>> /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews
>   ^min    ^hour   ^day    ^month  ^weekday
>
> I am quite surprised about your sixth field. What operating system are
> you using? (Under linux, the sixth field is supposed to contain the
> command.)

RH 6.0. Here's the entire crontab in which all works except the last line.
All have a similar entry in the same field.

SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/local/sbin
MAILTO=kcsmart
HOME=/
# run-parts
01      *       *       *       *       root    run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
02      0       *       *       *       root    run-parts /etc/cron.daily
02      2       *       *       7       root    run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
02      3       1       *       *       root    run-parts /etc/cron.monthly
00      7       *       *       *       root    /usr/sbin/ntpdate
ntp1.digex.net > /dev/null 2>&1
00      19      *       *       *       root    /usr/sbin/ntpdate
ntp1.digex.net > /dev/null 2>&1

--
The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.