Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews Won't from Cronjob

On 30-Jan-00 Stefan Bauer opined:
> I'm running the fetchnews from the root crontab without any problems.
> Did you try to change the user for the fetchnews entry to root - are
> there the same problems?

Haven't tried that yet, though I thought of it. I'll try that today and
then see if my other attempt will work as well, one that uses scripts to
run the commands.

However, texpire runs happily as user 'news' and I'm guessing that
fetchnews should as well, especially since the docs state that it
automatically changes to user 'news' when run (I'm pretty sure I read that,
anyway).

--
~ is where the heart is.