[leafnode-list] running leafnode and fetchnews

This is a REAL newbie question! I assume the commands for running
fetchmail and leafnode are "fetchmail" and "leafnode" (no quotes). When I
try either one, I am told "command not found". I am running version 1.9.9
installed from an RPM package. If I had something misconfigured I would
expect a different messege (silly me). I looked at the various permissions
and saw nothing obviously screwed up. Can someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance
 --

Bob Holtzman