Re: [leafnode-list] running leafnode and fetchnews

Bob Holtzman wrote:

> This is a REAL newbie question! I assume the commands for running
> fetchmail and leafnode are "fetchmail" and "leafnode" (no quotes).

"fetchmail" has nothing to do with Leafnode. The program to get news
is called "fetchnews".

leafnode is usually not called manually. Instead, your newsreader of
choice will invoke it when trying to connect to localhost via NNTP.

When you install these things from an rpm, they will usually be either
installed in /usr/sbin or /usr/local/sbin. You have to check whether
these directories are in your PATH variable (which you can see by
typing "echo $PATH").

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */