Re: [leafnode-list] running leafnode and fetchnews

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 holtzm@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > When you install these things from an rpm, they will usually be either
> > installed in /usr/sbin or /usr/local/sbin. You have to check whether
> > these directories are in your PATH variable (which you can see by
> > typing "echo $PATH").
> >
> Both of these are in the path. Any Other possibilities?

Bit of a silly suggestion, but just to cover the obvious stuff, I've found
that when I install software into directories that are in my $PATH I have
to logout and log back in on a particular console before it'll recognise
the new programs within the $PATH.

Not quite sure why this is, maybe someone can enlighten me?

Like I say, probably an inappropriate solution, but just maybe you've been
logged in on the same shell for all this time - if the programs are in
your path yet you can't get to them I expect it's going to be a weird
solution :)

--
Nick Drage, helping fill up the internet since 1993.

Customer: "I can't send an email. Is the Internet full?"
http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_email.shtml