Re: [leafnode-list] Skript starting Fetchnews once per Day

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 08:59:44PM +0100, Frank Wagner wrote:
> > You should use anacron instead of cron. In that case, fetchnews will

> Thanks first, but I want to start fetchnews only if there is a
> connection to
> the internet anyhow. So I'm looking for a solution to start a skript
> while
> processing ip-up that starts fetchnews conditionally if it didn't fetch
> in the past 24 hours.

Anacron isn't actually a cron replacement - it's a program which when
run checks to see if something's been done in the last <time period> and
if not does it.  It's just that the main use is ensuring that cron jobs
get run even on machines that aren't always on.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/