Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode.org

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:05:37 +0100, Thomas Bader wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:
>
>Hi!
>
>> > I would recommend you to use a background color different then white.
>> ..
>> > Also, I would recommend you that you use cascading style sheets rather
>> > then the <font>-tag.
>>
>> Then again, some of us just want text in the colors and fonts in our
>> preferences, and don't want anyone dictating to us This Page Will Use
>> Helvetica,Arial And A Larger Font And You Will Like It Because You
>> Have No Choice.
>
>Use lynx if you don't like color and nasty fonts :=) Or you can get
>Navigator 2.x, AFAIR it doesn't include CSS support ;=)
>
>I think, the handling of CSS is much better. You write a stylesheet only one
>time (and you can share it between pages), instead of writing x times
>"<font family=xxx..." in each page.

I think CSS will be fine, if it works with every Browser. But at the moment only IE (latest versions 5, an maybe 4)
has the most complete implementation of CSS.
So you may come into trouble with Netscape if you use something like this:
'A  {
	color : Black;
	font-family : sans-serif;
}
'

Es gibt 8 Moeglichkeiten eine Diskette ins Laufwerk zu legen, davon sind sieben falsch!