[leafnode-list] Apparent memory leak in 1.9.10

After not running leafnode for a while, I recently installed version
1.9.10 on my Linux box (Redhat 5.0 with lots of upgraded libraries).
I did a standard installation as follows:

   ./configure
   make
   make install

I run leafnode via inetd via the folliwing line in /etc/inetd.conf:

  nntp stream tcp nowait news /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/sbin/leafnode

Everything works fine with one exception: the leafnode process stays
around and consumes ever-increasing amounts of memory ... after a few
hours it's holding on to more than 60 megabytes.  I'm only downloading
a half-dozen or so newsgroups, maybe 100-150 short articles a day at
most, and nowhere near 60 meg of data.

This happens consistently, and to correct it, I now periodically run
`skill leafnode' from cron.

I don't have any problems like this with any other software I run on
my system, including other inetd-based tcp-wrapped software, so
therefore I assume this is related to leafnode itself.

Before I dive into a time-consuming debugging session to try to
isolate where the problem lies, I'd like to know if anyone has seen
this before and if perhaps there might already be a fix ... ???

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@xxxxxxxxxx