Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-2.0

Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:>
:> Sounds like v2.0 will be able to receive UUCP batches.  Will it also
:> be able to create them?
:>

: If it is able to create them then how would the groups be managed.

Same as normal.

: Currently the groups that are pulled are done by our news readers
: requesting that group.

That would stay the same.

It sounds like you're thinking this configuration would be "UUCP
only".  That's not what I'm thinking of.  More along the lines of
Leafnode as it is now, plus the ability to have UUCP peers that it
could both receive and send UUCP batches of news to.  So Leafnode
would still use fetchnews to go out to NNTP sites to bring down news,
but it could also batch what's it's pulled down and send that to other
UUCP peers in addition to accepting batches from UUCP peers.