Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-2.0

Cornelius Krasel <krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: Michael Faurot wrote:
:> Sounds like v2.0 will be able to receive UUCP batches.  Will it also
:> be able to create them?

: I don't know how UUCP batches are usually created. As far as I know,
: you only stick the articles together with suitable headers, e.g.

: #! rnews length_in_bytes
: first article
: #! rnews length_in_bytes
: second article

>From looking over my INN installation it seems to do it a bit
differently.

#! cunbatch
<Many articles together all compressed>

Where <Many articles together all compressed> is a bunch of articles
concatenated together and then run through compress.

: etc. This should be fairly easy to do with a perl/shell script:

: I thought this is so simple that we don't need
: a separate program. If I am wrong, please tell me where :-)

So why not implement a complete solution if it's easy?