Re: [leafnode-list] New or enhanced filtering in leafnode-2.0?

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 06:06:48PM -0500, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> I'd like to fervently request that *some* sort of enhanced filtering
> be put into leafnode-2.0, so that it can handle as a minimum the types
> of cases that I outlined above in my examples.  Keep in mind that I

It's already done.

> believe that this should be *optional*, and that the current filtering

Hey, you (or rather Mark) convinced me that filtering can be good
thing[tm].

An extract from man 5 fetchnews (leafnode-2.0a11):

       The filterfile stores a number of entries in the following
       format.
              newsgroups = [wildmat]
              pattern = [pcre]
              action = kill|select|[score]
       Based  on  these  entries,  fetchnews  decides  whether to
       retrieve an article from the upstream server or not.   The
       entries are considered from the top down.
[...]
AUTHOR
       This   manual   page   was  written  by  Cornelius  Krasel
       <krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> with  some  inspira-
       tion  from  Lloyd  Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx>.

I'm sure Cornelius will send you a recent alpha version for review if you
want.

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law.