Re: [leafnode-list] Newsgroup Selection filtering.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 04:28:28PM -0500, Frank Apap wrote:
> How can i setup leafnode so users can only subscribe to certain
> newsgroups... IE comp.lang.* ??

I have solved a lot of these customization problems by running
my own shell script wrapper for fetch rather than fetch itself.

If you wanted to use that approach, you could do something like
this:

    cd /var/spool/news/leafnode
    mv interesting-groups interesting-groups.bak
    grep '^comp.lang' interesting-groups.bak >interesting-groups
    fetchnews

This will eliminate all non comp.lang entries from the list of
newsgroups before fetch is called.

(I'm on my windows box, apologies for errors in the filenames, etc).

Hope this helps,
Mark.

--
Mark Harrison                         http://usai.asiainfo.com:8080/