Re: [leafnode-list] Files for newsgroups

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, John R. Dennison wrote:
> In previous mail, phil hunt spouted...
> >
> > Unfortunately webmin is Perl-based. Perl is not exactly my favourite
> > language.
> >
> > Instead I will be writing leafwa ("Leafnode web administration") in PHP.
> > My understanding is that most linux distros come with Apache and mod-php.
>
> Umm, RedHat 6.0 does not come with a PHP-enabled server, only stock
> Apache, and to my knowledge, neither does 6.1.

I was basing my guess on SuSE. Oh well, if enough people write to Red Hat
and ask them to put it in...

> Once must go to www.php3.org and grab/compile the php3 modules
> and then enable them within the server's configuration files.

I'm writing the prototype in PHP now.

Possibly, I might move it to something easier to deploy (custom webserver
writtin in C/C++, perhaps? Or Python? I dunno) when it is more fully
designed.

--
***** Phil Hunt ***** send email to phil@xxxxxxxxxx *****
Moore's Law: hardware speed doubles every 18 months