Re: [leafnode-list] Fetch taking an incredibly long time

On Wed 23 Feb, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 05:10:19PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
>
> > So, it appears that either one run of the new version, or turning on
> > debugmode cleared the problem? Anyway I'm satisfied for now. If it
> > breaks again in a few months I now know how to get a proper debug log...
>
> Are you sure it's not just fetching the active file?

No, that's why I asked 'what happens at the point where it says
'connecting to server news.blah'?' (in the stdout output) in my first
email. Is it getting the active file, or does it say 'connected (or
something?)' first. And even if it was getting the active file it
wouldn't take >6 hours over a 64K isdn link would it?

If it is getting the active file is there some indication in the normal
output, or would you need to have debugging turned on to know?

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679