Re: [leafnode-list] Upgrading to 1.9.11

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 09:30:09AM +0100, Thomas Bader wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Joerg Dietrich wrote:

> > Why do you think you have to? Do a "make update" after installation and
> > that's it. Unless you exceeded timeout_active, of course, but that's
> > nothing to do with upgrades.

> I did "make update" of course. When I start fetchnews after the upgrade,
> I see a message like "getting group list from server" and fetchnews
> gets the group list again.

So it's probably the timeout_active then - every so often (90 days by
default) Leafnode will re-fetch the active file.  The only reason you're
associating it with the upgrade is that you hadn't used Leafnode for
ages, then you upgraded and did your first new fetch at once.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/