Re: [leafnode-list] How to find version of Leafnode

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 05:00:39AM +0000, phil hunt wrote:
> Is there currently a good way in Leafnode to find what version
> it is? (I am thinking of getting Leafwa to report which Leafnode
> version it is working with).

No.

> The best way I can think of currently is to run httpd, catch the
						  ^^^^^
Thought too much about apache and PHP?

> Is there a better way to do it? Alternately, shall I send in a patch

strings /usr/local/sbin/leafnode | grep [1-9][.][0-9] | grep -v [A-Z]
works here but who knows what kind of garbage string finds elsewhere?

> so that `nntpd --version` prints version information then exists?

Yes, IMO. But getopt_long(3) is a GNU extension and may not be available
everywhere. I wish the world were a happy place (leafnode.h).

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be