Re: [leafnode-list] .overview files are not updated

Hi Cornelius,

> > The problem first showed last Monday; I lost the connection to my ISP
> > while downloading new articles with fetchnews. I didn't restart
> > fetchnews, and instead just reconnected; fetchnews continued to run, but
> > after it was done, it seemed like most articles from the newsgroups I am
> > subscribed to had vanished, including a large number of unread ones.
>
> Sounds like wierd numbering of articles.
>
> To rebuild overview files, just delete them. They will be automatically
> rebuilt the next time they are requested (either by fetchnews, texpire,
> the nntpd or applyfilter).

That did indeed help; it looks all articles are available again. Thanks
for your help! *big hug*

> The segfaulting stuff sounds ugly. I'll have a look if I have time.

The first time I ran fetchnews after the overview files were deleted, I
experienced a segfault again; that was yesterday, but it has been
running flawlessly at least half a dozen times since then.

--
Greetings from your favourite white wolf,

   --- Schneelocke

Got any wolf photographs? Send them to Schneelocke AT gmx DOT net!

Furry Code 1.3: FCW3 A->++ C>+ D+++/++++ H++ M+/++++ P++ R++ T++++ W->+
Z+ Sm++ a c++l d+ e+>+++ f/++++ h- iwf+ j- p- sm#

Plush Code 1.4: P^c[wolf]^fpw[skunk]/>F^c[wolf] B++ !BB C+ E I !>M MM>h
N+ O Sp+/>Sf Tahm+rsu@ f++ ma

Yiff Code 2.0: M bi PM[wolf]+++ Z[wolf]++ T+ S++ V+++ !H WIXXX An Lt Op
Pr Ci Or