Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode logo

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, phil hunt <philh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Cool. Any chance of a version with a transparent background?

Please be careful if you do.  Bright white backgrounds hurt my eyes,
so I force the default grey backgrounds in my browser.  Other people
have different color needs as well; for example, color blindness is
somewhat common.  A lot of transparent GIFs show up really badly
against grey: text GIFs are usually unreadable.  This can also happen
if someone uses it against another, badly-chosen color.

If you go the transparent route, please see that it looks OK against a
wide range of backgrounds, including grey -- it can usually help if
the object is outlined in a strip of white or some other solid color.

Or you can just keep the background white (or whatever it is), and the
logo simply appears on a rectangle.  I personally don't see a big need
for transparency.

--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd@xxxxxxxx;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx