Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode logo

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 tmcd@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, phil hunt <philh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Cool. Any chance of a version with a transparent background?
>
> Please be careful if you do.  Bright white backgrounds hurt my eyes,
> so I force the default grey backgrounds in my browser.  Other people
> have different color needs as well; for example, color blindness is
> somewhat common.  A lot of transparent GIFs show up really badly
> against grey: text GIFs are usually unreadable.  This can also happen
> if someone uses it against another, badly-chosen color.
>
> If you go the transparent route, please see that it looks OK against a
> wide range of backgrounds, including grey -- it can usually help if
> the object is outlined in a strip of white or some other solid color.

If you look at the leafnode site, the background colour is off-white.
(#fffff0). My Leafwa program uses web pages with a different shade of
off-white (#f8f8ee). Having a white background against these colours
looks sloppy.

> Or you can just keep the background white (or whatever it is), and the
> logo simply appears on a rectangle.  I personally don't see a big need
> for transparency.

Or enclose the logo in a black circle, and have a white background inside
the circle and transparent background outside it.

--
***** Phil Hunt ***** send email to phil@xxxxxxxxxx *****
Moore's Law: hardware speed doubles every 18 months