Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode logo

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> I have now decided on a leafnode logo. See
>   http://www.leafnode.org/gif/logo.gif
>   http://www.leafnode.org/gif/logo_small.gif
>   http://www.leafnode.org/gif/logo_tiny.gif
> If you have some pages about leafnode and want to use the logo, feel
> free to do so.

Just a matter of public consensus: while Unisys are pursuing patent
violations, and even if your software that wrote that GIFs was properly
licenses, I feel offended by being plugged Unisys' fingers in your
asses.

Clear text: would you consider using .jpg or .png instead? There is a
cool tool by Eric S Raymond named gif2png along with a really cool
script named web2png. Backup your web site, run web2png on it and you
will hopefully be left with a GIF-free site. Although web2png will not
currently force GIFs with transparency to PNG since PNG transparency is
not widely supported :-(

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!