Re: [leafnode-list] Posting news

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 10:42:12PM +0200, Jan Knutar wrote:
> I've had 'complaints' from upstreams that I'm posting duplicate
> messages. What I think is happening is that leafnode posts all outgoing
> messages to all the servers I've configured.

You could try to configure leafnode to generate the message IDs
himself.  Then even if the messages are posted twice, they don't
appear twice, because all newsserver are convinced they are both the
same.

> Also, I've noticed that sometimes after fetchnews has finished, there
> are still posts in out.going. I don't know if this has got anything to
> do with the above problem.

I also had this effect if started a second fetchnews before the
first one updated all .overview files.  Then I got some messages
saying that some articles (with my message IDs) where already
available upstream.

CU

--
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
                -- Cartoon caption