Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews and Shell Script

Jeff Grossman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to create a shell script, which will look into out.going every
> so often and see if there are any contents, and if there are, to run
> fetchnews -P.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Hallo,

when fetch(news) got the -P option, I added the following lines to my
script:

ls /var/spool/news/out.going/ > /tmp/postings
if [ -s /tmp/postings ]; then
   /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -vvvv -n -P
fi

I am shure, there are better solutions, bat it's working for a long
time.

Roland