RE: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews and Shell Script

Well, after I sent the last message, I got to thinking, maybe you are
correct.  And then I saw your message, and said, let me try it out.  I just
logged in and did a fetchnews -Pvvvv, so I could see everything.  There was
nothing in out.going, I checked first.  It connected and disconnected from
each server that I have setup.  Now, if I go and setup a cron job to run
fetchnews -P every 30 minutes, there is going to be network traffic, which I
do not want.  But, if I create a shell script, to check and see if there are
articles first, then there will only be network traffic when I actually have
articles.

So, back to my original question, does anybody know how I could create this
shell script?  I want something easy and small.

Thanks,
Jeff

-----
Jeff Grossman (jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx)