[leafnode-list] 'Server read failed' on leafnode 1.9.11/slrn 0.9.6.2/FreeBSD 3.2

leafnode (v1.9.11) seems to have some difficulties in accessing certain
newsgroups which I have subscribed to.

Despite seeing articles present (and seeing them being downloaded with
fetchnews -vvvv) in the appropriate /var/spool/news/<hierarchy>
directories,
having the newsgroup titles in /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo,
and files for the newsgroups in /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/

I can't seem to read certain newsgroups.

The newsgroups aren't displayed in slrn (in the default 'show newsgroups
with unread messages' mode), and when I press 'l' for 'show all subscribed
newsgroups' although I can see the newsgroup titles, I can't enter any of
the newsgroups, and I get the "Server read failed" error.

Does anybody know why this is happening, and how I can convince
leafnode/slrn that the groups really do exist?

Thanks (in advance),

David.

--
David Marsh,drmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.viewport.co.uk/          |
Glasgow/Glaschu, Scotland.      | If urgent, phone: +44 77-121-848-90 |