Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews Problem

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 05:59:12PM -0800, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> What is the bug?  Lets make sure Cornelius knows about it, so he can get it
> in 1.9.12.

Rest assured, he knows about it. It's probably the main reason
for 1.9.12.

The problems were the following:

- fetchnews -f entered every group as new in the groupinfo file
- fetchnews -f reset the low and high water mark to 1
- nntpd didn't honor the optional GMT in the NEWGROUPS command.
  It still doesn't recognize 'gmt' or mixed case. It would be
  handy to have something like a
  strcasestr( const char * haystack, const char * needle ), but
  it obviously doesn't exist. I know, it's easy to write, but
  this patch was intended to be a quick fix for a user having
  problems with slrn. Anyway, all clients I know send only upper
  case commands, so it's probably not a real problem, though a
  violation of the RFCs.

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
In America, it's not how much an item costs, it's how much you save.