Re: [leafnode-list] 'Server read failed' on leafnode 1.9.11/slrn

On 27-Mar-00 Joerg Dietrich wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 12:50:44AM +0100, David Marsh wrote:
>> leafnode (v1.9.11) seems to have some difficulties in accessing certain
>> newsgroups which I have subscribed to.
> [...]
>> The newsgroups aren't displayed in slrn (in the default 'show newsgroups
>> with unread messages' mode), and when I press 'l' for 'show all
>> subscribed
>
> Please try the patch I just posted in reply to 'Fetchnews
> Problem'. If this doesn't help a debug log may be interesting.

You got it in one with your analysis, I'm impressed! :-)

Indeed, I did refresh my newsgroup listing from the upstream server
(fetchnews -f).

I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat, and hopelessly out of practice in programming at
present, so I'm a little bit nervous about applying patches.
Would your patch work under FreeBSD [1] or is it Linux-specific?

[1] or is that for me to try, in order to find out!?  ;-)

Thanks,

David.

--
David Marsh,drmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.viewport.co.uk/          |
Glasgow/Glaschu, Scotland.      | If urgent, phone: +44 77-121-848-90 |