[leafnode-list] Fetchnews scheduler

Hi, I'm new here.  Guess what?  I have no questions!

I've written a small C++ program, currently at the proof-of-
concept stage, which does intelligent scheduling of fetchnews.

After ploughing through the list archive last night, I realized
I missed a couple tricks, such as testing for an active
connection and providing an instant-cooldown option.  Well, this
is a *preview*, after all.  :-)

Some of the code is primitive, such as using grep to test for
the presence of a newsreader.  Also, some of the code is very
Linux specific, using knowledge of the /proc filesystem.  On the
bright side, it is surprisingly efficient considering that it
does some things by loading a shell!

Anyway, (getting to the point) I've put the code on a web page
to see if there is any interest in such a utility.  If there is,
I'll complete the missing pieces, polish it and make it Open
Source Freeware.  If not, well, I wrote it to fill my needs...

The page is at
      http://pages.infinit.net/curlypp/freshnews/

--
Oisin  "Curly++"  Curtin                     ocurtin@SPAM@usa.net