Re: [leafnode-list] Automatic posting [slightly OT]

Jan Knutar wrote:

> Is it possible to just 'drop' some files into
> /var/spool/news/out.going, and assume that fetchnews will post it?

Yes. However, I usually use the "rpost" program that comes with suck.
It takes a posting from stdin and feeds it to the nntp daemon. The
advantage is that you only have to generate the headers that are
unique to the posting and leafnode will take care of the rest.

That is,

rpost ip.of.your.machine < file

will do it if "file" looks like this: