Re: [leafnode-list] already available upstream?

Eric van Looijengoed wrote:

> After changing ISP's, i seem to have a problem when i try to post:
>
> --
> 1.9.11: verbosity level is 4
> Trying to connect to news.cablewanadoo.nl ... connected.
> 1466-954250896-1 already available upstream
> Getting new newsgroups from news.cablewanadoo.nl
> --
>
> After this, leafnode fetches the news just fine.

An article with the message id used in 1446-954250896-1 is already
available upstream. This usually means that it was already posted
e.g. through your old news server (I have so far never encountered
the actual event of duplicate message ids). Just remove the file from
/var/spool/news/out.going/ and you should be fine.

(To be sure that the two articles are identical, you can retrieve the
article manually by message id from your upstream newsserver. Just do
something like

telnet your.upstream.server nntp | tee article
(possibly you have to authenticate yourself:)
authinfo user yourname
authinfo pass secretword
article <message-id of 1446-954250896-1>
quit

and you will find the article in the file "article".

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */