Re: [leafnode-list] already available upstream?

Eric van Looijengoed wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > Eric van Looijengoed wrote:
> > > After changing ISP's, i seem to have a problem when i try to post:
> > > --
> > > 1.9.11: verbosity level is 4
> > > Trying to connect to news.cablewanadoo.nl ... connected.
> > > 1466-954250896-1 already available upstream
> > > Getting new newsgroups from news.cablewanadoo.nl
> > > --
> >
> > An article with the message id used in 1446-954250896-1 is already
> > available upstream. This usually means that it was already posted
> > e.g. through your old news server (I have so far never encountered
> > the actual event of duplicate message ids). Just remove the file from
> > /var/spool/news/out.going/ and you should be fine.
>
> I was kind of incomplete with my last posting, sorry about that.
> I also should have told here, that after running fetchnews the article DOES
> disapear from /var/spool/news/out.going/ as if it was posted, i checked this
> before, and after running fetchnews.

And it does not hide in /var/spool/news/failed.postings/ ?

Second question: do you use only one server to post to, or do you use
several? I have observed that during the time which fetchnews needs to
post an article and retrieve some more, the article may already have
travelled to the other newsserver; therefore it will be rejected there.

If you suspect a problem with your ISP, switch on the debug log and mail
me the output (possibly truncated, since the debug log generates an awful
lot of information).

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */