Re: [leafnode-list] no news

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 10:14:57AM +0200, Knut Olav Bøhmer wrote:
> is it possible to make leafnode work with the news server i try to use? if

Maybe, but not without rewriting the entire processupstream()
algorithm.

> yes, is this enough information or does one nead more. I used a telnet
> news.online.no nntp the result can be found in the attatchment
> help
>  100 Legal Commands
[...]
>    head [<messageid>|number]

This server claims to understand HEAD. Why should I trust any of
the other commands blurted out by HELP?
	Let's face it: Your upstream server is horribly broken,
probably beyond what a client can repair on its side. There are
only two viable options: Complain to your provider or get a new
one.

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--