Re: [leafnode-list] Error Message During Fetch

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 12:52:00AM -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> What does the following error message mean:
> realloc(373292956) failed: reading line

Fetchnews ran out of memory. It tried to read a line of 373292956
bytes and couldn't allocate memory to do so. Unfortunately you
don't tell us at which stage of fetchnews this happens. I would
suspect that you have a binary, maybe a core, in out.going.

> p.s.  I have been getting all day long.  I just added some new groups today.
> I am running 1.9.12.

Any binary groups among these? Maybe someone sent an unencoded
binary.

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
If Machiavelli were a programmer, he'd have worked for AT&T.