Re: [leafnode-list] Problem posting to multiple upstream servers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 09:27:22PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 08:59:00PM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > Personally, I don't think that this is something to bother much about.
> The user is extremely worked up about it.

Which is a problemi, I just discussed in German group. This is an
issue.

> > In fact, I run a daily cron job which does nothing except moving
> > everything from failed.postings to out.going again. When the next
> > fetchnews instance runs, it will recognize that articles are available
> > upstream already and silently remove these from out.going (provided
> > that STAT works on your upstream server as described in the RFC).
> I think I'll add such a cron job to the Debian package.

A cron job like this is certainly a good idea. Nevertheless, I
think that multiple injections should be abolished for simple
technical reasons. It is unavoidable that moderators get dupes if
you post an article to a moderated via several servers. This is
not only annoying for the moderator but might leade to dupes in
the newsgroup if the moderator doesn't notice this and rewrites
the message id as it done in cola for example. The better
propagation is nowadays, in times when most articles travel
around the world in less than five minutes, not an issue.
Annoying moderators is.

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new