Re: [leafnode-list] Problem posting to multiple upstream servers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 11:30:43PM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:

> times, but it took a considerable while before the news made it out
> again. I have never been told what the problem was. This incident was
> actually the reason for me to build posting to multiple servers into
> Leafnode.

Most common reason: the group is in the active file of the server you
post to but none of its peers accept the group.  There's a couple of
cases I can think of of that happening, particularly in alt.*.  You can
look at the group and post to your hearts content but no traffic will be
exchanged.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/