Re: [leafnode-list] Setting Path header

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 05:02:26PM -0400, Joerg Dietrich wrote:

> I disagree. Most newsreaders set the value of path. While it is
> true that most, if not all, upstream would not complain about a
> missing Path: header, the Path: header is indeed required by
> RFC 977. In the few cases leafnode has to set the Path: header by

Urp.  So it is.  That seems kind of strange for use with POST, but still.

> itself, the value used is the same as for the message-id. The

It's not.  I explicitly specify the hostname (and it does get used in
the message ID) but Leafnode insists on using the raw IP address of the
box it's running on.  The code just uses fqdn without checking for
owndn.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/