Re: [leafnode-list] Setting Path header

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 10:15:44PM -0400, Joerg Dietrich wrote:

> > the message ID) but Leafnode insists on using the raw IP address of the
> > box it's running on.  The code just uses fqdn without checking for
> > owndn.

> Thanks, this should be fixed, indeed, although I don't see how it
> could possibly cause any harm.

Some of the heirachies I take monitor path entries - it's a pain having
to notify people about these things.  Besides, a raw IP in the path is
aesthetically unpleasing.  :-)

I guess it depends on how you think of Leafnode.  I tend to think of it
as more of a cache or proxy than a fully fledged news server and
therefore expect it to be as transparent as possible.  Looking at it in
that way, anything that makes my posted articles seem like they weren't
posted directly is strange.  With all the stuff in the much-heralded 2.x
that'll doubtless seem a lot different.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/