Re: [leafnode-list] Questions about N.C.newsreader working with Leafnode

o.rousseaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 1/ Path header
> Can I set the Path header and how ?

I do not think that Netscape offers any option to set the Path: header.
If there is no Path: header, Leafnode sets it to

This is a convention agreed upon in the RFCs.

> 2/ With the "Edit/Search Message" command, I get the following Error :
>    "A News (NNTP) error occurred: Unknown command" :-(
>
> Debug mode says the unknown command is "XPAT"
> <XPAT SUBJECT  1- *[Nn][Nn][Tt][Pp]*
> >500 Unknown command
> <QUIT
> >205 Always happy to serve!
>
> What about this command ?

This problem is mentioned in the FAQ which should be included in any
Leafnode distribution. Otherwise, you can get it from
	http://www.leafnode.org/faq.html
Leafnode 2.0 will understand the XPAT command, thanks to Andreas Ferber.

> 3/ When I select the threaded representation, I observe that links between
> answers are frequently not respected.

This is usually a problem with the References: headers in the articles
and not caused by Leafnode.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */