Re: [leafnode-list] Order of newsgroup download

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Cornelius Krasel <krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave Cantrell wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to force an order on the newsgroupsare downloaded from the
> > upstream server?
>
> You can try to re-sort the order of newsgroups in
> /var/spool/news/leaf.node/name.of.your.server . I am not 100% positive
> that it will work, however.

I had a script to get news: first thing it did was "rm" everything in
interesting.groups, and then go thru my .newsrc and create one file
there for each newsgroup followed by ":".  Then, when I
fetch{,news}ed, they were fetched in order of my .newsrc.  This was in
1.9.2 and 1.9.7.  (I haven't run leafnode in a while.)

--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd@xxxxxxxx;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx