Re: [leafnode-list] newby fetchnews problem

Ross Slade wrote:

> I've installed Leafnode but when I run fetchnews (for the first time) it seems
> to run briefly then exits without any kind of message and without doing
> anything.

First of all, you should check that the directory
/var/spool/news/leaf.node/ exists and is writeable for the user news.
Second, after the first run of "fetchnews" you should find in this
directory a file named "groupinfo" containing all newsgroups on your
upstream server.

If this is indeed the case, then you have to select newsgroups from your
preferred newsreader for reading.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */